Friday, August 17, 2012

Strategy of Satan - Living by Faith (Lesson 5)


* I Thessalonians 3:1-2, 5-7, 10
         
* Problem is Unbelief:  Matthew 13:58, Mark 6:6

The Four Tests of Faith

          1. Am I doing this for the glory of God or just to please self?

                   * Not Faith is faith, but Faith in God!
                             Romans 4:20

          2. Am I rushing ahead impetuously or am I willing to wait?
                   Isaiah 28:16

          3. Can I defend what I am doing from the Word of God?
                             Romans 10:17

          4. As I contemplate this move, do I have joy and peace within?
                   Romans 15:13

Old Testament Illus:  Genesis 16
New Testament Illus: Acts 27

Note our Four previous Bible Illustrations:
David acted for self when he numbered the people
Job was willing to wait on God
Eve disobeyed the very Words of God
Joshua had no joy or peace while in sin and suffering

**From the book Strategy of Satan by Warren Wiersbe

No comments:

Post a Comment